Winter Opening Hours: 10am-3pm.
Train Timetable: 11am, 12:30pm & 2pm
Due to quieter visitation numbers over the winter period. We are currently running our 1957 Kiwi built TR 107 diesel shunting engine. Steam services will resume later in the year.
Incredible West Coast Package!
Only $399 Per Person
Enjoy relaxing nights of 4-Star accommodation at:
– Hotel Lake Brunner soaking up gorgeous lake views.
– Beachfront Hotel Hokitika in a Luxury Ocean View Room.
– Rainforest Retreat Franz Josef within your own Tree Lodge.
Then fill in the daylight hours with four great activities:
– A visit to the pioneer era at Shantytown Heritage Park.
– Entry to the canopy touching West Coast Treetop Walk & Cafe.
– Helicopter flight over Franz Josef glacier with HeliServices.NZ.
– See live kiwi & tuatara at the West Coast Wildlife Centre.
We recommend you allow at least 90 minutes to experience our award-winning attractions.
Events And Weddings
Shantytown Heritage Park is home to the West Coast Events Centre – ideal for hosting small, intimate meetings up to large corporate events of up to 600 delegates. READ MORE…
A wedding at Shantytown is like no other. Private bush clad location, authentic historic church, full on-site catering and support, while stunning photo opportunities abound. READ MORE…
Shantytown is conveniently located between the West Coast’s major towns, Greymouth and Hokitika – just 3kms off the main highway (SH6).